Tower View Self-Catering Accommodation (Rental)
in Aughagower, Westport, County Mayo, Ireland
Newly built modern bungalow, with all mod cons, situated in a quiet, peaceful location yet close to all amenities. Only 5 minutes walk to shop, pub, church, post office and petrol. The historic village of Aughagower is 4 miles from the busy tourist town of Westport, with its choice of restaurants, shops, leisure centre, cinema and many other family attractions.
Accommodation (Sleeps 6)
- 3 Bedrooms
- Master Bedroom Ensuite - 1 Kingsize
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin
- Sitting Room - electric fire, TV
- Kitchen / Dining Room - electric fire. Kitchen fully fitted with all mod cons
- Bathroom, shower
- Wheelchair access
- Bed linen & towels provided
- Private parking
- Storage shed for bicycles
Great Western Greenway
'Tower View' rental accommodation is convenient to the new cycle/walking track, The Great Western Greenway, between Westport and Achill. This 42km traffic-free route is the longest off-road cycling and walking trail in Ireland and an ideal opportunity to stretch your legs in a leisurely stroll or go for a cycle and admire the surrounding countryside.
Tochar Valley Way
Aughagower is situated along the walking route of the Tóchar Valley Way, the ancient pilgrim path from Ballintubber Abbey to Croagh Patrick. St Patrick's Church in Aughagower makes an ideal stopover on St Patrick's Pilgrimage and is a suitable location for prayer and reflection.
Within Easy Reach
This is an ideal base for touring with Achill, Connemara, Galway city and Ireland West Airport Knock - all within 1 hours drive.
- Lake fishing within half a mile. The renowned fishing lakes of Carra and Mask are also within easy reach
- Golf - convenient to many championship golf courses including Westport, Ballinrobe and Castlebar. Par 3 Golf Course in nearby Ballintubber village
- The Westport Country Lodge Hotel is only 1 mile from Tower View. This modern hotel offers a 9 hole golf course and bar food is served daily
- Country Walks
- Westport Leisure Park & Gym
- 3 Screen Cinema in Westport
- Westport House is an ideal centre for a day visit for the family